The new pipe organ at St. Leonard de Port Maurice Church is Opus 757 of the Peragallo Organ Company of Paterson, New Jersey. The 4 generation Peragallo firm recently celebrated its centennial year having been founded in 1918 by John Peragallo, Sr. after immigrating from Genoa, Italy with the family.
This organ is of 2 manual and pedals, incorporating 13 ranks from the church’s original Williams W. Laws Pipe Organ
and 5 new ranks of pipes for a total of 1,112 speaking pipes. The pipework is located in the church gallery in twin caseworks of finished cherry designed with architectural elements of the furnishings of St. Leonard’s Church. The “Trompetta di Porto Maurizio” is the crowning jewel underpinning the gallery rose window. This set of 49 reeds are installed horizontally projecting their exciting tone directly down the nave of the church. An expressive Chancel Organ division and the key desk are located on the floor of the nave.